The Death Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Death Empire

The most powerful clan in JK2! (http://www.deathempire.tk OR http://www.deathempire.darkbb.com)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Misery
Emperor
Dark Misery

DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics Empty
PostSubject: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 pm

By Nightmare/LaaaaaF

Table of Contents
-Introduction
-Force Powers
-PK (Pull Kick)
-ST (Saber Throw)
-STPK (Saber Throw Pull Kick) Combo
-Dark Side
--Drain
--GK (Grip Kick)
---Wall Grip
-Light Side
--Heal
--Absorb
-Force Fighting Tips
-Conclusion:

-Introduction
This tutorial is mainly intended for JK2 Force Fighting Beginners-Average Players. Since this being not a tutorial intended for advanced force experts, I'm mainly going to talk about the most used powers in detail here and not so much into above average info.

JK2 Force Fighting is probably the hardest skill in JK2 to Master (The Others including: Dueling, Gunning, and Strafing.) The reason it’s the hardest is because
1. How massive the force combinations are.
2. The Various different styles.
3. Different Skill Combinations (ST, PK, Certain Force Powers, etc.)

Now this might intimidate people, but know that a dedicated person can learn these and even master them sooner than expected. Plus this is what makes this game great, the true skill required in it.

-Force Powers
Dark Side:
The Main 4 Powers in DS (1 vs. 1 FFA) Force Fighting are:
Push, Pull, Drain, & Grip.

Some people decrease their Saber Defense level or make it all the way down to 0 to make room for a 5th power:
5th Power::
-Rage
-Level 2 Lighting
-Level 3 Lighting
-Speed
-Seeing

Recommended 5th Powers for DS 1 vs. 1 FFA: Rage or Level 3 Lighting

Light Side:
The Main 4 Powers in LS (1 vs. 1 FFA) Force Fighting are:
Push, Pull, Heal, & Absorb.

Some people decrease their Saber Defense level or make it all the way down to 0 to make room for a 5th power:
5th Power::
-Protect
-Mind Trick
-Speed
-Seeing

Note: It's actually more common for a LSer to use a 5th Power then a DSer.
Recommended 5th Powers for DS 1 vs. 1 FFA: Speed, Protect, or Mind Trick.

Note: The above chosen powers are mostly used by average-pro players. However there are many other powerful styles which uses a mix of powers and settings. For Example one may use two 5th powers and decrease certain other force settings instead such as the saber throw level. However it is recommended to experiment powers to that point once you master the usual player style/styles.

-PK (Pull Kick)
Pulling and Pull Kicking is used a lot throughout overall force gameplay. Pulling/Pushing you're opponent causes them to be delayed for a seconds. That's called Force Cancelation, keeping that in mind can give you an advantage over certain things.

When you're opponent is in the air somewhere in your distance, close or average range; PK him and he will get damaged. The Faster and closer the kick, the more damage you will do. Kicks usually go from 18-22 damage.

Also when you are in a pull kicking chain (meaning doing various PKks in a row, have about a half-second pause between each PK.

-ST (Saber Throw)
When you ST, right before you touch a person while STing with your saber, pull him so he will be vulnerable and unable to block. The pull also slows the enemy down a bit allowing you to gain greater accuracy.

At closer ranges you will have to pull almost at the same time as you ST, so the timing changes.

Basically you run towards you're opponents ST when you're almost touching him and PK right after that. This combo does allot of damage, the drawback is this combo takes up exactly 50% of your force.

-Dark Side:
--Drain
There are two times you should use drain:
1. When you need health.
2. When you're opponent has low health and u are trying to drain lock him so he isn't able to heal.

--GK (Grip Kick)
This is probably the most used power in DS vs. DS fighting.

There are lots of GK Styles

There are three ways to block a GK by another DSer:
1. Pull the GKer.
2. Push the GKer.
3. Drain the GKer.

Note: Use caution when gripping an LSer, as if he uses absorb when you grip him his force meter goes up to the max and the grip fails.

---Wall Grip
Wall Gripping is when a player grips his opponent and puts him across an obstacle such as a platform or tree so he isn't able to block the GK. And at the last few grip seconds the player gets his opponent back in sight to grip kick him.

-Light Side
--Heal
Heal is used, when you need health, obviously...
Basically when an LSer is low on health and is in a good ranged distance away from his enemy, he can spam heal. There are other strategies for using heal at the right moments also though.

--Absorb
Absorb is used by an LSer probably even more then he uses heal.

1. Use Absorb when you're getting griped.
2. Use Absorb when you're near falling areas.
3. Use Absorb when you're in the air and near you're opponent.
4. Use Absorb in order to get force.
5. Use Absorb to lock a DSer, so he can't drain to get health.

Basically it's about finding a good pattern, you have to constantly tap on and off absorb to prevent certain things, get force, and use force for other powers and force combos.

-Force Fighting Tips
-A LSer gets force slightly faster than a DSer.
-It's also a lot about learning certain resistance techniques, such as what to do what you are knocked down, how to prevent or counter attack against a certain power.

-Conclusion
You can learn and master JK2 Force Fighting by experimenting a bit and trying out different powers and techniques. However having a trainer or someone to practice with does speed things up a lot.

--If there's anything you want to add, correct, complement, and such; please make a post about it here.
Back to top Go down
https://deathempire.darkbb.com
deS
Master

PostSubject: Re: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 am

my personnal configs

ds: 2 force sets

jump max
push max
pull max
speed second lvl
seeing none
grip max
drain max
lightning none
rage none
saber attack max
saber defense max
saber throw max

second would be
jump max
push max
pull max
speed second lvl
seeing none
grip max
drain max
lightning max or lvl 2 depending on purpose
rage none
saber attack max or 0 (depending if you want to keep saber attack or throw)
saber defense max
saber throw max or 0 (same reason as saber attack)

reason why i want to keep saber def is simple, its helpful and can save ur ass in alot of situation when u block a st or a saber slash.

note u could also in any of em setup put none in speed so you could put one in rage and use it to block a gk that is gonna kill you.
reason why i dont put any points in rage is that im not a fan of the rage rdfa spamming.

now for ls
jump max
push max
pull max
speed lvl 2
seeing none
abs max
heal max
protect none
mindtrick none
saber attack max
saber def max
saber throw max

i could possibly have another setup including protect but it's more difficult to handle in ffa. tho u could consider putting it to the max in any ff case but be sure to be able to handle it well.
altho, ANY good lightsider must have ABS, SABER ATTACK, SABER DEF, SABER THROW to the max !

avoid using mindtrick. every one evcs now.
Back to top Go down
deS
Master

PostSubject: Re: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 am

fighting strategies:
LS VS LS:
try to down his shields and to kick him down so you can hit him with a blue lounge or a red overhead

LS VS DS:
hardest fight for newbs, try to stay near falling areas and/or bactas & full shields pickups. u may also rather fight in closed areas such as the "crypt" (ffa_bespin) and avoid being in wide open places.
also, try to corner him so he cant drain nobody else then you. i recommend only downing his hp except if he has less then 50 shields. like nightmare mentioned, try "locking" him with ur abs when he's low on health.

DS VS LS:
try to avoid areas where you can fall down and try to prevent him from getting bactas & full shields.
when u down his hp alot, try draining him if he's not absing to make him lose all force as healing costs like half of the force. try to prevent him from going in closed areas and stay in places where you can drain other people (bots, afk dudes, etc)

DS VS DS:
probably the most simple fight,
it will only depend on ur gk.
try to gk him first or wall grip him but u have to prevent him of draining somehow.
its MOSTLY useless to attack the shields except if you have the intention to use lightning.
if you're good at throwing people off with grip, i suggest you stay around pad or near the ledges.
Back to top Go down
deS
Master

PostSubject: Re: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 am

MY FFA UPDATE TO THIS TUTORIAL: **********
/////////// LS FFAING force lvls
force jump 2
force push 3
force pull 3
force speed 3
force seeing 0
force absorb 3
force heal 3
force protect (may consider putting it to lvl 1 for close area fights (crypt))
force mindtrick 0
saber attack 3 (red stance is a must)
saber defense 3 (would recommend 3 but feel free to put lvl 2 or 1)
saber throw 3 (kind of the same as saber attack, u want the best range and the best dmg)

///////////THE CHANGES & WHY:
speed lvl 3 because the rush (red overhead with speed) on a downed enemy is important.
urge urself to put abs and speed on when u get a kick down so u can deal the biggest amount of dmg possible.
also try to master the red overhead, if u time it well it's really useful as it can down ur enemys shields in one hit.
the way i use it is like justin uses it:
at the beginning of the swing, walk backwards and when ur blade reaches the front of your head start walking forward ur enemy. it can work real good if ur enemy is trying to go with a pull kick on u.

LS ffa is the best on maps with alot of health and its even better on maps that have void, or small areas such as crypt in bespin.
enjoy.

Back to top Go down
deS
Master

PostSubject: Re: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 am

Nightmare wrote:

-ST (Saber Throw)
When you ST, right before you touch a person while STing with your saber, pull him so he will be vulnerable and unable to block. The pull also slows the enemy down a bit allowing you to gain greater accuracy.

At closer ranges you will have to pull almost at the same time as you ST, so the timing changes.

Basically you run towards you're opponents ST when you're almost touching him and PK right after that. This combo does allot of damage, the drawback is this combo takes up exactly 50% of your force.
i'm slightly gonna review this

I would rather suggest to STPK that way:
(FF purpose) Pull kick, if your enemy gets knocked down, go on with a st and than evade to get ur regen back.
(FFA purpose) Pull kick, st if knocked down, than walk forward ur enemy and try to get another kick and if knocked down again go with a st or a overhead if ur ls.
The reason is simple, sting before the kick will make u more vulnerable, at least try to st while kicking which will not block ur regen and then get u trapped by a pk chain.

For the st, generally go on with a pull-st (st bombing, st close range, etc)
but be aware that if ur enemy can use ur pull-st to get closer to u (which i like doing in ff ^^)
So generally, if ur opponent is in the air or using absorb, go with a PUSH-st it reduces the risks of getting caught without ur saber alot.
Also if ur fighting a lser that has absorb on try push kicking instead of pull kicking. i think that push delays some one that has abs on more than a pull, but maybe its just my imagination...
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery
Emperor
Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Instead of having jump on 2, don't you think it's better to have st on 2? Since on levels like bespin lsers like to run around the whole map and sometimes jumping to places requiring level 3 jumps. and st on 2 is nearly the same thing as 3. As i don't think its usefull to try to st someone across half the map.
Back to top Go down
https://deathempire.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics   DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Tutorial - Force Fighting Basics
Page 1 of 1